You will bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with our technologies, creating new solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value. As a Senior Software Engineer on the SDK team, you’ll help us build world class software delivery pipelines that power Game Studios (League, VALORANT, and more).
The SDK team creates solutions that enable creators (internal & 3rd party game studios) to securely and reliably publish their games and services to all players across the world. Together, we'll ensure that games like VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond will reach and delight players worldwide.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering of our SDK team.
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews
- Lead a process in defining technical outcomes, tools and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot's game developers
- Establish strong connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support
- Work with game team's technical leads in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Expertise working with multi threaded systems implemented in C++14 or newer using safe features of the language
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
- Experience with API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with client/service application architecture, HTTP based web services at scale
- Familiarity with Rust, understanding of it’s ownership model and the FFI
- Experience in using game engines like Unreal, Unity, or Vivox
- Understanding of the capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms, along with experience in iOS or Android
- Passionate about effective code testing strategies
You must be based in LATAM