We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help lead the design and implement our next generation data and analytics infrastructure. We deploy the latest AWS and open source technologies at scale and are just getting started. Come help build a platform that will support future Streaming Analytics, Machine Learning, and Distributed Event Correlations to reduce crime in neighborhoods.
· Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale data systems and services on AWS
· Monitor communications channels, monitoring tools, and related systems to ensure awareness of system stability, health, and performance
· Identify and implement automation for repetitive tasks and requests
· Perform outreach and provide support for internal Ring teams and Amazon business units
· Drive initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve capacity, feature set, availability, reliability, and performance
· Recommend alternative design and platform decisions
· Perform cost review of existing resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or infrastructure footprint
· Participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation
· Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
· Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
· 3+ years of AWS experience
· 3+ years of Systems administration and shell scripting experience
· 3+ years overall development/technical support experience
· 3+ years of experience in UNIX/Linux operating system
· 3+ years of experience managing servers, networks, and infrastructure in a cloud environment
· Experience with Opsworks
· Experience with CodePipelines and CodeDeploy
· Experience with Terraform
· Ability to code and script (Ruby, Bash, Python)
· Strong grasp of automation tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis)
· Experience with Puppet, Chef or other configuration management tools
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
You must be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.