We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer, to join an exciting new project team working to build a new, ground breaking product. We are an innovative, cross-platform, working on large-scaled projects. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to 4 Amazon customers.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work closely with product and engineering teams to develop and execute test plans that ensure our customers get what they want. You will navigate through complex code to better understand features and to ensure our software development engineers continue to deliver quality software. You will test code manually and with automated tools using black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. You will debug complex problems using log files and will write automated tests. You will be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. Demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments. Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities. Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team. Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation. Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or a related field 2+ years of software QA experience. Experience in writing test plans, test automation, or test cases. Background in test automation for mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of common automation frameworks
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills
- One or more years of Mobile Testing/QA experience Ability to understand and passion for utilizing mobile devices
- Two years’ experience in UI Automation (preferably on mobile devices)
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to mobile testing situations.
- Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst time challenges. Takes full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal.