Senior Backend Developer
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer responsible for building and supporting our many of our applications and processes. Your primary responsibility will be the design and development of software applications as well as to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of a micro-service oriented infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential. Our ideal candidate should be opinionated and passionate about the software they build and enjoy collaboration. Candidates should have experience working with a variety of programming languages and frameworks and follow test-driven development practices.
Previous experience working together with a remote team is a plus.
- Communicate and collaborate with our current team to solve problems and discuss best programming practices.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Work closely with different departments and peers to develop software that enhances user experience and productivity
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify issues, bugs, and bottlenecks and devise solutions to these problems
- Use test-driven development to ensure code quality and reliability.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to quickly learn new languages, frameworks, libraries, and implementation methods.
- Extensive experience building, supporting, and scaling customer-facing software
- Ability to write clean, documented, reusable code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- 4+ years of experience with Python
- Experience with MySQL
- Proficient understanding of code versioning via Git
- Ability to set timelines, goals, and self-manage your schedule
- Experience with in-memory caches such as Redis and Memcached
- Amazon Web Services ecosystem (S3, EC2, DynamoDB, Kinesis, etc)
- Experience with microservices oriented architecture
- Automation, orchestration, and virtualization (Chef, Ansible, Docker, etc)
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written)
You must be based in Latin America