Planned projects are primarily written in Java, so we’re looking for strong Java competency. The positions are for a brand new team so initial candidates will have ample opportunity to drive the team’s direction. Candidates should be interested in listening, learning, and problem solving in order to succeed and grow in their roles. Planned work relates to integration in the area of subscriptions and payment. Future work will build on the foundation we define and create within the first 6-12 months.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security. You will own the maintenance, design, development, and delivery of multiple tools and cloud services that support our customer support team and engineers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to Customer Billing tools and services on a growing team.
- Architect, develop, and support distributed services used by millions of players
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing platforms
- Partner with product owners and technical leads to build and operate features end-to-end
- Provide high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in on-call rotation
- Provide guidance to other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience architecting, designing, writing, and supporting scalable, distributed services
- Deep expertise with one or more programming languages (preferably Java)
- Excellent live system evaluation, investigation, and debugging skills
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
- Preferred Language Experience (in order or preference)
- Java/Spring (must)
- Ruby/Rails (nice to have)
- TypeScript (nice to have)
- CloudFormation (nice to have)
- Familiarity with "Infrastructure as Code" and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
You must be based in LATAM