As a Staff Software Engineer, Test on the SDK team, you will develop automated test frameworks and tooling that exercise the services developed by the SDK team. We will also ask you to work with various technology owners across other projects in the Developer Platform initiative to make sure we have a test automation that supports services in development across the group. You will partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves the quality of life and effectiveness of those development partners.
You will report to the QA Manager on the SDK team.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to ensure the code developed accomplishes expectations from multiple dimensions (quality, modularity, scalability, and industry standards/trends)
- Establish what quality automation looks like across the tooling ecosystem with testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Maintain a sense of code ownership that includes [develop/deploy/maintain]ing frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Participate in the team's support rotation
- 6+ years of experience in standard programming languages such as C++, Kotlin, Python and Java
- Experience working with and implementing test automation frameworks and tooling for desktop, mobile and console applications.
- Have been responsible for leading the development of large cross-team efforts (6-month+ scope), including requirements gathering, planning, and release.
- Championed software development best practices within your organization that includes reviews, standards, performance, scalability, and maintainability
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written)
- 2+ years of experience developing within services testing frameworks, familiarity with postman and ReadyAPI
- 2+ years of experience in the microservice / distributed service based environment
- 2+ years of experience working with Jenkins or similar CI tooling
- Experience building and maintaining iOS/Android test applications
- Experience with GoogleTest framework
- Deep knowledge of at least one statically typed language, preferably C++. SDK is written in C++17, but expert knowledge of another statically typed language like TypeScript, Rust or Scala and a willingness to learn will suffice.
- Able to contribute to unit and integration tests written in C++
- Able to expand test automation to console UI
- Able to maintain existing test apps - iOS, Android and desktop
You must be based in South America