We're looking for somebody with 5-10 years of experience . They'd be working on a mobile game, and would be the point person for all things backend. There would NOT be somebody above them they could turn to for help - they would be the most senior backend person on the team and need to be an expert in their field. We're looking for an individual contributor, not a manager, though they will have full ownership of the backend. Tech stack: node.js, protobuf, MySQL, Redis, AWS.
this person would come from gaming (mobile games specifically) as otherwise they may struggle with some of the server authority (how the client interfaces with the backend) and gaming/feature specific items.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Our entire backend is written in node.js - must be an expert here
- Must be comfortable working on game servers and understanding (and writing) game logic. We use protobuf to communicate/interface between the server and game client. Comparable experience would be having JSON understanding, but that’s not ideal.
- MySQL and Redis for databases (lots of database work)
- Experience with AWS services (EC2s, setting up/updating/resetting servers, getting new code in)
- Unity/C# experience (the client/frontend is a mobile game built in Unity)
- Python experience for AWS Lambdas and maybe some analytics pipeline work
- Cloudfront/S3 experience