The Engineering Team
Our engineers work across the full tech stack allowing us to stay nimble as we innovate and iterate to build an impactful product and business. We’re a small powerhouse team, with lots of exciting things to build and big plans to grow. We love building cool things, solving hard problems and making a big impact on the success of our customers and our own company.
We are a modern web app with a React UI interfacing over GraphQL, REST, and WebSockets with a Ruby on Rails backend. The data and messaging layers are built on PostgreSQL and Redis. Experience with these specific technologies is not required.
Our service is business-critical for our customers. Security, reliability, and performance are paramount in everything we do.
The Technical Lead will lead a team of 4-6 remote software engineers. You will own technical aspects of our software development life cycle by planning, leading, designing, and implementing solutions to an array of technical problems. You will spend your time mentoring, leading, and strategizing as well as contributing to our codebase.
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys being hands-on while acting as a mentor to software engineers. If you are interested in not only organizing solutions but also shaping the software development culture for a growing team, this role would be a great fit.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, a can-do attitude, and a strong vision for improving overall engineering/product development efficiencies and output.
You’ll be responsible for
- Growing your team by interviewing and recruiting talented engineers
- Leading and mentoring engineers & growing future technical leaders
- Ensuring operational excellence and empower the organization to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity.
- Providing technical leadership to innovate, design, and deliver applications that will scale to support the needs of our customers and the business
- Interacting with business stakeholders and the product team to develop new products and features while analyzing feasibility and difficulty, to provide estimates and timelines
- Thriving in an agile, fast-paced environment while helping the organization / engineering team scale
- Writing reusable, tested, efficient code
- Researching and learning new technologies that might be appropriate for current or future products
Qualifications - Technical Skills
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer and 2+ years of technical leadership
- 4+ years experience with Ruby on Rails and ReactJS
- Proficient working between front-end and back-end stacks
- Previous experience building REST APIs
- Excellent understanding of relational databases (preferably PostgresSQL), be comfortable designing robust data schemas and solving performance issues
- Experience with testing best practices
Qualifications - Business Skills
- Self-directed, independent, and experienced owning complete features and products
- Fearless in stepping outside their comfort zone to tackle the various challenges and opportunities that will arise as we rapidly grow the product and team.
- Not afraid to speak up, we want to know your thoughts and input, this is not just a heads-down environment.
- Experience working within Scrum/Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Advanced proficiency with English, both written and verbal
Would be a plus
- Previous experience working within a startup environment or scaling a product/platform is a plus
- Experience architecting applications within a monorepo
- Experience with Heroku and knowledge of GraphQL (not required)
This is a full-time (40 /hrs week), remote, contractor position at around $10k USD per month.
You must be based in LATAM
You must have an Upper Intermediate Level of English