The Engineering Team
Our engineers work across the full tech stack allowing us to stay nimble as we innovate and iterate to build an impactful product and business. We’re a small powerhouse team, with lots of exciting things to build and big plans to grow. We love building cool things, solving hard problems and making a big impact on the success of our customers and our own company.
We are a modern web app with a React UI interfacing over GraphQL, REST, and WebSockets with a Ruby on Rails backend. The data and messaging layers are built on PostgreSQL and Redis. Experience with these specific technologies is not required.
Our service is business-critical for our customers. Security, reliability, and performance are paramount in everything we do.
The Senior Software Engineer is a full-stack developer who collaborates cross-functionally with customer-facing teams to design and architect new product features. You will own the end-to-end delivery and success of features–from coding and testing to deployment, monitoring, and customer rollout–while upholding high standards of engineering and code-quality. You will help support and scale highly-available, highly-trafficked services that our customers depend on for time-sensitive, business-critical functionality. The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, a can-do attitude, and a strong vision for improving overall engineering/product development efficiencies and output.
You’ll be responsible for
- Ensuring standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reusability
- Architecting and developing highly scalable web applications
- Taking technical ownership of features to move the product forward
- Advancing the architecture of our platform to solve business problems at scale
- Interacting with business stakeholders and the product team to develop new products and features while analyzing feasibility and difficulty, to provide estimates and timelines
- Thriving in an agile, fast-paced environment while helping the organization/engineering team scale
- Writing reusable, test-driven, efficient code
- Researching and learning new technologies that might be appropriate for current or future products
Qualifications - Technical Skills
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails and ReactJS
- Previous experience building REST APIs
- Proficient working between front-end and back-end stacks
- Excellent understanding of relational databases (preferably PostgresSQL), be comfortable designing robust data schemas and solving performance issues
- Experienced with testing best practices
Qualifications - Business Skills
- Self-directed, independent, and experienced owning complete features and products
- Fearless in stepping outside their comfort zone to tackle the various challenges and opportunities that will arise as we rapidly grow the product and team.
- Not afraid to speak up, we want to know your thoughts and input, this is not just a heads-down environment.
- Experience working within Scrum/Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Advanced proficiency with English, both written and verbal
Would be a plus
- Previous experience working within a startup environment or scaling a product/platform is a plus
- Experience architecting applications within a monorepo
- Experience with Heroku and knowledge of GraphQL (not required)
You must be based in LATAM
You must have an Upper Intermediate Level of English