**You must be based in South America**
- You will be operating as a member of the engineering team reporting to the engineering manager, participating in standard agile practices that include standups, planning, task prep, retrospectives, cost estimation, etc.
- You will be trained and part of the on-call rotation
- 60% of your time will be focused on development work and maintenance for various services and tasks. In addition to feature implementation, this includes investigations, requirements and technical assessment, writing unit tests, load/perf tests, writing deployment run books and other documentation, service monitoring implementation, code reviews, and other activities involved in creating production services and tooling.
- 25% of your time will be aiding in the maintaining of the system in terms of configuration updates, monitoring, bug fixing, operational improvements, environment setup and creation, and other tools and processes that aid in the smooth operation of the development and production environments
- 15% of your time will be spent on emergent tasks, on-call, and other incidentals that arise due to unplanned work.
- Java experience with at least 5+ years of production-level development and maintenance of web services. Has an understanding of containers, deployment mechanisms, and orchestration tools.
- A demonstrated understanding of scale, performances, and reliability for web services and has written production-level code with these considerations in mind.
- Has worked with various storage and persistence models, e.g. relational databases, noSQL databases, memory caches. As well as streaming technologies and message queue technologies.
- Experience working on teams in collaboration with others with a strong drive to work as a team, take ownership, and can independently finish tasks with high quality
- Is customer/player focused and will take steps to ensure the best experience for them.
- A good mastery of the English language and will operate during typical Pacific Time Zone business hours.
- Familiarity with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins
- Experience with Kafka, mySQL, Aurora, Redis, Databricks
- Experience with AWS cloud service, Kubernetes containers, Terraform, New Relic or DataDog
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written)
You must be based in South America