We are looking for an experienced VP of engineering to manage a diverse development team. The responsibilities of a VP of engineering include leading a team of developers and engineers, collaborating with product managers, and improving company policies and standards.
To be successful as a VP of engineering, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VP of engineering should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design.
VP of Engineering Responsibilities:
- Leading the team through management and mentorship.
- Contributing to recruitment activities.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Recommending technological developments and improvements inefficiency.
- Developing the team to ensure quality end products.
VP of Engineering Requirements:
- Engineering or similar degree.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.