About the role:
As an early member of our engineering team, you’ll partner closely with a world-class group of doctors, designers, operators, and founders to build products that deliver radically better clinical outcomes at significantly lower costs. You’ll use your experience and expertise to raise the bar on code quality and take a lead role in setting technical direction. You’re autonomous and self-driven but can work effectively in a highly collaborative setting.
In your first few months, you may find yourself working on:
● Intuitive and engaging virtual care experiences such as video visits, 24/7 live messaging, provider matching, and appointment scheduling
● Intelligent tooling and electronic health record systems to improve the efficacy of our in-house clinical staff
● Connected wearable devices that monitor and reduce workplace injury risk
What you’ll do:
● Collaborate with designers, clinicians, and other engineers to build new features from start to finish through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance
● Drive full-stack product development for care delivery platforms used by both internal providers and external consumers
● Help set up and iterate on foundational engineering processes including version control, continuous integration, deployment infrastructure, and internal documentation
● Uphold standards for quality by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating automated tests, and monitoring performance
● Grow the team by onboarding and helping to recruit highly capable engineers
What you have:
● 2+ years of professional experience developing software for production environments
● Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complicated systems to both technical and non-technical audiences
● Experience working across the stack on frontend, backend, and infrastructure (you don’t need to be an expert in all of these but it helps to be interested in learning about them)
● Proficiency with tools and frameworks for modern web / mobile application development. Our current favorites are TypeScript, React, React Native, Next.js, Apollo GraphQL, Hasura, PostgreSQL, and Terraform.
● Excellent problem solving and debugging skills with the right balance between development velocity and designing for long-term scalability
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar technical field Bonus points if you have:
● Experience designing, deploying, and managing cloud infrastructure
● A passion for solving meaningful problems in healthcare through technology
● Past entrepreneurial proof points (such as early-stage startup experience, building new products or teams at larger companies, exploring ideas or side projects, etc.)
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
You must be based in LATAM