Senior Ruby Full-Stack Developer
We are looking for a senior backend engineer who has in-depth experience working with
decisions while working with current-edge technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, a can-do attitude, and a strong
vision for improving overall engineering/product development efficiencies and output. This
includes working on all aspects of our technology stack.
We are a leading provider of data-driven technology solutions to the real estate industry.
We have industry-leading products and services that we are supporting and growing and an
aggressive product roadmap.
We believe in innovation, transparency, efficiency, cohesiveness, and fun in everything
we do, and these five principles have helped us grow over 100% year over year.
● Must have at least ten years development experience, including both front and backend
● Must have experience as a software architect making complex software design decisions
that solve problems by building custom libraries or integrating existing libraries into the
● Must have experience building APIs
● Must have a good understanding of relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL), be
comfortable designing robust data schemas and solving performance issues
● Must have experience using TDD and testing best practices
● Must have deep knowledge of object oriented design (DRY, SOLID, GoF, DDD)
● Must have experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies
● Must be able to work in a culture of high productivity, collaboration, and efficiency
● Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
● Must be able to write high quality code and follow test driven development methodologies
● Must have experience building APIs and working between frontend and backend stacks
What we’re looking for
● Previous experience managing other engineers
● Ability to understand business problems and advance the architecture to solve those
business problems at scale
● Ability to interact with business stakeholders and the product team to discuss new products
and features while analyzing feasibility and difficulty to provide estimates and timelines
● You thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-paced company and can easily adapt to the changing
priorities of a scaling technology organization
● Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes
● Ability to develop highly interactive as well as user-friendly applications
● Strong knowledge of object-oriented design and analysis
● A strong passion for writing simple, clean, test-driven and efficient code
● An analytical mind, in addition to a problem-solving attitude
● Ability to make quick decisions while working independently
● A passion for coding!
● Writing clean, efficient, and maintainable code
● Contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle
● Designing robust, secure, and scalable features
● Driving continuous integration of relevant new technologies and upgrades into design
● Following the best-established practices such as test-driven development, SCRUM,
continuous integration, refactoring, and code standards
● Helping build the best possible tech team!
● Competitive salary and opportunities for career development
● Regular performance and annual salary reviews
● Annual performance bonuses
● Professional Development (paid courses and online training)
● Paid vacation and sick days
● Flexible working hours
● Extra bonus in the first year for porting legacy system
In the first six months, you'll work with our legacy system to help port functionality to the new
system. Once completed, you will receive an extra end-of-year bonus. You will also be directly
involved in working with the CTO to help structure and build your perfect team over the coming