We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team of software engineering for IoT devices.
We are seeking a Data Engineer with strong analytical, communication and project management skills to join our team. Working closely with business stakeholders, software development engineers and scientist colleagues, you will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems, helping Amazon Device to provide customer great products and keep the data secure. You will work with the most complicated data environment, employ right architecture to handle big data and support various analytics use cases, including business reporting, production data pipeline, machine learning, optimization models, statistical models, simulation, etc. Your work will have a direct impact on the day-to-day decision making in the Ring Organization and end customers.
You are an individual with outstanding analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, good business understanding, and technically savvy. The successful candidate will be an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about solving ambiguity problems, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse technical architectures, ETL/ ELT, reporting/analytic tools and, scripting.
- 3+ years of demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data experience with data modeling, ETL development
- 3+ years of data modeling experience and proficiency in writing complex SQL with Redshift, Oracle, MySQL, and Columnar Databases
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written)
- Experience with big data technologies
- Superior attention to detail, project management skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with AWS services including S3, Lambda, EMR, RDS, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
- Experience with scripting (Python experience is a strong plus).
- Experience managing competing priorities simultaneously and driving projects to completion
- Proficient in the composition of Advanced SQL (analytical functions) and query performance tuning skills
- Ability to interact, communicate, present and influence with both business and technical teams
- A self-starter who loves data and who enjoys spotting the trends in it!
You must be based in South America.