We are looking for a Full-Stack Java / Go engineer responsible for building and supporting our many Cloud applications. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential. Our ideal candidate should be opinionated and passionate about the software they build and enjoy collaboration. Candidates should have experience working with service frameworks and follow a test-driven development approach. Previous experience working together with a remote team is a plus.
- Communicate and collaborate with our current team to solve problems and discuss best programming practices.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java / Go code
- Work closely with different departments and peers to develop software that enhances user experience and productivity
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify issues, bugs, and bottlenecks and devise solutions to these problems
- Use test-driven development to ensure code quality and reliability.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to quickly learn Ruby frameworks, libraries to support existing legacy service
- 4+ years of Experience working with Java / Go
- Extensive experience building, supporting, and scaling Cloud software at 100s – 1000s of TPS
- Good understanding of the syntax of Java / Go and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with AWS
- Advanced SQL experience using databases like PostgreSQL and DynamoDB
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool Git
- Familiarity with development aiding tools Bower, Bundler, Rake etc….
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Ability to interact effectively with UX and front-end staff from new feature/system conception to full implementation and deployment