We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong site reliability sensibilities to help lead the design and implement our next generation data and analytics infrastructure. We deploy the latest AWS and open sources technologies at scale and are just getting started. Come help build a platform that will support future Streaming Analytics, Machine Learning, and Distributed Event Correlations to help in reducing crime in neighborhoods!
· Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale data systems and services on AWS.
· Create dashboards, improve metrics, and tune alerting systems to ensure proactive action for
system stability, availability, and performance.
· Identify and implement automation for repetitive tasks and requests.
· Perform outreach and provide support for internal Ring teams and Amazon business units.
· Recommend alternative design and platform decisions.
· Perform cost review of existing resources; assess opportunities for reducing costs or
· Collaborate with other technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well
· Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset.
· 3+ years of AWS experience (AWS - EC2, ELB, Route53, AutoScaling, IAM, S3)
· Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation.
· Clear written and verbal communication skills.
· 3+ years of experience managing servers, networks, and infrastructure in a cloud environment.
· Systems administration and shell scripting experience.
· 2+ years of experience with:
· Monitoring platforms: CloudWatch, Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog
· Configuration Management and IaC – Ansible, Terraform, Cloudformation preferred
· Experience with Splunk, especially SPL and dashboards is a plus
· Data Engineering experience (Kafka, Kinesis, Logstash, Filebeat)
· Managing in global environment and with teams across time zones.
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
You must be based in LATAM