We have built a successful business and it is time for us to modernize our technology stack. This role will be responsible for helping in the efforts to migrate from a PHP monolith to a Node.js based Microservice architecture. This is an exciting opportunity to start a project from the ground up, building out an all new stack and migrating business logic in chunks to provide performance improvements, scalability improvements and most of all to drive new business opportunities by unlocking our business with more agile and nimble technology.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work alongside management and our Developer Leads to build v2 of our API out in Node
- Own the quality of delivery of code to meet business objectives
- Support front end and mobile developer needs.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for system architecture based on product requirements.
- Execute full software development life cycle
- Develop flowcharts, layouts & documentation to identify requirements & solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Troubleshoot, debug & upgrade existing node systems
You must be based in LATAM
You must have an Upper Intermediate Level of English
- 5+ years Node experience and experience with Event Driven Development.
- Experience with Express framework
- Thorough understanding of consuming REST APIs
- Knowledge of PHP and Docker
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully.
- Experienced working in a TDD coding methodology
- Knowledge of Typescript
- Serverless experience a major plus