We are looking for a senior backend engineer who has in-depth experience working with Ruby/Rails and GraphQL. We are a dynamic tech and product team with engineers all over the world. You would be joining a fast paced company with a team of experienced engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, a can-do attitude, and a strong vision for improving overall engineering/product development efficiencies and output. This includes working with our frontend, backend, and mobile development teams.
● You must have at least several years of industry experience working with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
● Must have experience building GraphQL or REST APIs ((MANDATORY))
● Must have a good understanding of relational databases (preferably MySQL), be comfortable designing robust data schemas and solving performance issues
● Must have experience using TDD and testing best practices
● Must have deep knowledge of object oriented design (DRY, SOLID, GoF, DDD)
● Must have experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies
● Must be able to work in a culture of high productivity, collaboration, and efficiency
● Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
● Must be able to write high quality code and follow test driven development methodologies
● Must have experience building APIs and working between frontend and backend stacks
● Ability to understand business problems and advance the architecture to solve those business problems at scale
● Ability to interact with business stakeholders and the product team to discuss new products and features while analyzing feasibility and difficulty to provide estimates and timelines
● You thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-paced company and can easily adapt to the changing priorities of a scaling technology organization
● Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes that scale
● Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
● A growth mindset with the ability to work collaboratively with engineering teams.
You must be based in LATAM.
You must have an intermediate level of English.
You must have your own computer to work.