We are looking for a senior backend engineer who has in-depth experience working with Ruby/Rails and GraphQL. We are a dynamic tech and product team with engineers all over the world. You would be joining a fast paced company with a team of experienced engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong engineering background, a can-do attitude, and a strong vision for improving overall engineering/product development efficiencies and output. This includes working with our frontend, backend, and mobile development teams.
● You must have at least several years of industry experience working with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails
● Must have experience building GraphQL or REST APIs ((MANDATORY))
● Must have a good understanding of relational databases (preferably MySQL), be comfortable designing robust data schemas and solving performance issues
● Must have experience using TDD and testing best practices
● Must have deep knowledge of object oriented design (DRY, SOLID, GoF, DDD)
● Must have experience with Scrum or Agile development methodologies
● Must be able to work in a culture of high productivity, collaboration, and efficiency
● Must have strong written and verbal English communication skills
● Must be able to write high quality code and follow test driven development methodologies
● Must have experience building APIs and working between frontend and backend stacks
● Ability to understand business problems and advance the architecture to solve those business problems at scale
● Ability to interact with business stakeholders and the product team to discuss new products and features while analyzing feasibility and difficulty to provide estimates and timelines
● You thrive in the ambiguity of a fast-paced company and can easily adapt to the changing priorities of a scaling technology organization
● Experience implementing core business strategies with technology by creating processes that scale
● Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
● A growth mindset with the ability to work collaboratively with engineering teams.
You must have an intermediate level of English.
You must have your own computer