Software Development Engineers are expected to continuously raise the bar with respect to code quality, trust, and solution ownership in accord with the Amazon Leadership Principles. Our ideal candidate works autonomously, is detail-oriented and possesses strong written and verbal communication skills in addition to having experience working at scale.
Qualities of a successful SDE candidate include
- Solving problems at scale excites you.
- You are interested in being part of a high-performance engineering culture.
- You do not implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems. You automate and innovate.
- You believe that the craft of software engineering is about developing solutions right the first time. For you, code reviews and automated testing are not chores – they are a core part of writing great software.
- You do not throw your code over the wall. You launch it, own it, support it in production and make it incrementally better for the benefit of customers.
- You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related STEM field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education.
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, and/or Golang
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with production implementations of reinforcement, supervised, and/or unsupervised machine learning models.
You must be based in South America but we are NOT
hiring in Argentina at the moment.