As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap and development of core cloud services.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong knowledge of Functional programming languages (Scala, Rust, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, etc)
- Has a strong foundation in software development, design patterns, and cloud computing.
- Has experience working with large scale cloud systems, understanding how to architect and build them
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
- Promotes robust and maintainable code, clear documentation, and can deliver high quality work on tight schedules
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge
This role involves design, architecture, implementation, and operation of the large-scale cloud systems that make our neighborhood safer. You will be given the opportunity to autonomously deliver the technical direction of these services, and the feature roadmap. You will work with extraordinary talent and have the opportunity to hire and shape the team to best execute on the product.
- 3+ years of Functional language experience. (Scala, Rust, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- 3+ years of experience with OO design/development skills
- 3+ years of experience in REST architecture for web services
- 3+ years of experience in a variety of modern programming languages (Scala, Java, Go, Ruby, Python,) and open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with working on AWS services (S3, CloudFormation, DynamoDB, EC2).
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, security, and reliability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.