We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who will help us create the next generation of apps, and services. In this role, you will work closely to empower a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, learn, and iterate using the data that you will make actionable.
You will be working on an app as a public safety communication tool that allows users to view and share real-time crime and safety alerts with their neighbors. Anyone with an iOS or Android device can download and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors.
· Work with engineering and business stakeholders to understand data requirements
· Help shape the growth of in-house data resources to support business Intelligence, analytics, and data science
· Define, design, model, implement, and operate large, evolving, structured and unstructured datasets
· Take action with quality, performance, scalability, and maintainability in mind
· Interact and integrate with internal and external teams and systems to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of sources
· Implement secure and auditable data infrastructure as required
· Help execute the roll out of modern business intelligence and analytics tools and visualizations
· Assist with ad hoc data investigations and analysis
· Train users on data capabilities and best practices
· 3+ years experience working with AWS and Redshift
· 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence / Data Engineering / Data Warehousing roles working with datasets
· 3+ years experience in one of Python, Java, Scala, or a similar programming language
· 5+ years experience working with SQL
· 3+ year experience working with multiple disparate, complex, large datasets
· Firm understanding of large scale data sets and SDLC best practices
· Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and SQL on Hadoop related technologies
· Experience with Airflow
· Experience evaluating and deploying BI and analytics tools
You must have a good understanding of English (spoken and written).
You must be based in Buenos Aires, Argentina.